Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The past lurks...

So goodbye
Will you please step out of my dreams
So much for building the friendship now that the attempt to do the awkward dance
Is over and done with
So much for being the bigger person
So goodbye
The deliberate snub was so unnecessary
But thanks for that one little last slam
To make me tougher stronger independent
So much for being the mature one
And that was one thing I was grateful for
So goodbye
Now please stop haunting my dreams
I imagine your killer stare
The cold fierce one
And I am terrified
I thought you were the teddy bear
Why the hell do you still have a hold on me
Why should I care why should it bother me
That you’ve neglected to reply
Over and over
Deliberately repeatedly making me feel to blame
And shitty again and again
But it wasn’t all me
And where would you be now anyways
If I hadn’t been so bold
You would run faster than the swiftest wildebeest
At the slightest peep of the shit I’ve had to go through since
And it has been years now
So where’s your courtesy
I never wanted to say the final goodbye
But now you’ve wedged it in my chest
Thank you for making me feel like an incessant pest
And why should I even care
So goodbye
Will you please stay out of my dreams


..

1 comment:

Gerald said...

... Ouch...