Sunday, October 17, 2004

birthdays,soccer and history

today is my dear friend francis's birthday.thursday was kuan nee's and yesterday was roy's.ah yes,thursday was oso sheau xian's birthday.i have always made a big deal out of my dear friend's birthdays because i believe birthdays are indeed a very special occasion.celebrating one's existence and herald into this world where they live in and in living somehow add to the colour of my own existence.yupz,birthdays are special.i have however lostt the art of making my own birthday cards.firstly,no time.secondly,...dunno.made so many lovely(ahem) cards before, dunno if i can top them.i went out to celebrate francis's birthday yesterday.gosh,fish & co. again.the seafood platter was heavenly but if i had to describe it in one word....FUN!!!i was stuffed!anyways,i'm still awaiting assurance from my parents that they still want me to be their daughter despite my submission of a way too graphic account of my accounts.yup.i am guilty of spending wayyy too much money and i feel so terrible...sigh...sniff...sob...

ah well,this morning i went for my first soccer training with the raffles hall girls' soccer team.ooh,we had training on the SRC field and we all wore our soccer boots,shinguards and all for the first time..so pro.hehe.it was great fun despite the sudden strikes of fatigue under the blazing sun due to lack of sleep.the phrase of the day was..."that's the way!"....(to be yelled out in a loud enthusiastic way whenever any fellow teammate attempts her turn at ANY drill no matter what the outcome...)hehe.after the vigorous workout,i collapsed in my lovely bed for a few hours.haha.3 i think.

after a long snooze(i was recuperating!),i took a while to snap out of my stupor and started research on my history essay(due this coming tues...yes.never a dull moment).sigh.finally decided on the treaty of nanking..opium war nonsense etc.gosh,hate doing research on the internet.guarantees a major headache and a trip round the world and back just to get a few measly useful articles.sigh.

well,saturday nights at raffles hall.quiet.the nights fall earlier this time of year.i think its kinda depressing.u look out of the window at 7.15pm and its dark.saturday nites, usually some troop or other will come yelling outside ur window..."dinner!"i think its fun actually.but leaving ur work and other obligations behind sumtimes results in guilt and then you'll fester and fester and....well.anyways..ok.now that the troop has gone on without me..(they must think im an anti social bug)..as opposed to social butterfly..ah well.sum of my dear frens(ok ,one) are in fact currently slogging over some complicated final year project or other.poor thing...ok.on to look for food.gastric on the brink of devouring me...=)

1 comment:

S said...

ms. goh, i am officially a fan of your blog. sensational. i will be advertising this page, that's for sure.