Thursday, September 21, 2006

ink




Unfurl from within the seams
Carve something from the broken dreams
Lush intent grappling against past’s dent
An eddy of lost hopes and winter’s lament
Mask my imperfection my empty claims
Glaze upon the page the same
Blank except for nitty nothings
Unwitty somethings grasped for
Slighted I row on without my oar
Hitch up my wings maybe I’ll soar
Perchance I’ll collide into a wild boar
Emboldened by chastened ash
Pull out a needle stitch up the gash
I will yet whip soufflé from leftover mash
Pour in the substance flatten the fluff
Austen will have the last laugh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading it...thanks...

gracie fabulous~ said...

hellooo jiejie.
like my gift?
penang is far but not that far away.
hope you'll be able to make a trip down to watch concert this year.
really want ya to be here

love, g